Bishop Sullivan Center is one of the largest providers of emergency assistance in the Kansas City area. Our mission is to provide basic necessities to people who are unable to do so, and to assist those who are able, to become financially self-sufficient by finding employment.
The Bishop Sullivan Center main location is on Truman Road. Services provided include a food pantry, emergency assistance, an employment program, and services to the indigent elderly.
St. James Place on Troost provides the same services provided on Truman Road, plus a Community Kitchen where hot meals are served 5 nights a week.
In this section you can learn more about Our History
or get the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions
. We also have all of the details you’ll need to Contact Us
. More information is provided about Bishop Sullivan Center in the following documents:
Board of Directors and Key Employees 2014 Financial Statements
Success in Helping Others - Results for Fiscal Year 2014
• We served over 62,000 evening meals in our Community Kitchen.
• We helped an average of 1,250 households with groceries from our pantries each month.
• We provided rent or utility assistance to 2,301 families for over $300,000.
• We helped 449 people find employment through our Jobs Program.
• We provided 250 air conditioners through project ElderCool.
• We helped 65 seniors by mowing their yards.
• We adopted 100 families at Christmas.
• We helped 746 people with their medical needs through the Medicine Cabinet.