Bishop Sullivan Center is one of the largest providers of emergency assistance in the Kansas City area. Our Mission
is to provide basic necessities to people who are unable to do so and to move those who are able to become self-sufficient.
The Bishop Sullivan Center main location is on Truman Road. Services provided include a food pantry, emergency assistance, low interest car loans to those working, services to the indigent elderly and the jobs program.
St. James Place on Troost provides the same services provided on Truman Road, plus a Community Kitchen where hot meals are served 5 nights a week.
In this section you can learn more about Our History
or get the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions
. We also have all of the details you’ll need to Contact Us
. More information is provided about Bishop Sullivan Center in the following documents:
Board of Directors and Key Employees 2012 Financial Statements
Success in Helping Others - Results for Fiscal Year 2012
• We served 69,009 evening meals in our Community Kitchen.
• We helped an average of 1,200 households with groceries from our pantries each month.
• We provided rent or utility assistance to 2,301 families for over $300,00.
• We helped 337 people find employment through our Jobs Program.
• We provided 290 air conditioners through project ElderCool.
• We helped 77 seniors by mowing their yards.
• We provided 19 low interest used car loans.
• We adopted 100 families at Christmas.
• We helped 448 people with their medical needs through the Medicine Cabinet.