Our mission is to provide basic necessities to people who are unable to do so, and to assist those who are able, to become financially self-sufficient by finding employment.
Bishop Sullivan Center is proud to be one of the largest providers of household assistance in the Kansas City area and the largest distributor of food in the Harvester’s network.
We serve low-income individuals, families, workers, and seniors throughout the Kansas City Metro area from three locations:
- 6435 Truman Rd, Kansas City, MO 64126
- 3936 Troost Ave, Kansas City, MO 64110
- 2220 Central Ave, Kansas City, KS 66102
In this section you can learn more about Our History or get the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions. We also have all of the details you’ll need to Contact Us. These documents provide more information about Bishop Sullivan Center.
Success in Helping Others - Results for Fiscal Year 2016
- An average of 250 people per night enjoyed a hot meal in our Community Kitchen, adding up to 62,550 evening meals throughout the year.
- An average of 1,100 households received groceries from our food pantries each month, adding up to 13,261 total families throughout the year
- 2,777 families received rent or utility assistance for nearly $215,000
- 368 people found jobs through our Employment Program
- 202 people who are elderly or have a disability received air conditioners through Project ElderCool
- 800 children, parents, and seniors received Christmas gifts
- 517 people received help with their medical needs through the Medicine Cabinet.
- 8 low-income workers received cars through Drive KC to Work
- 1,042 elementary school children received new tennis shoes through Operation Heart and Sole