Inspired by Christian faith, Bishop Sullivan Center shows God's love to people in financial hardship by providing food, help in finding jobs and other aid. Beyond material assistance, Bishop Sullivan Center strives to build relationships between those who live in poverty and those who do not, promoting mutual understanding and affirming the dignity of all.
Bishop Sullivan Center is proud to be one of the largest providers of household assistance in the Kansas City area and the largest distributor of food in the Harvesters network.
We serve low-income individuals, families, workers, and seniors throughout the Kansas City Metro area from three locations:
- 6435 Truman Rd, Kansas City, MO 64126
- 3936 Troost Ave, Kansas City, MO 64110
- 2220 Central Ave, Kansas City, KS 66102
In this section you can learn more about Our History or get the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions. We also have all of the details you’ll need to Contact Us. These documents provide more information about Bishop Sullivan Center.
Success in Helping Others - Results for Fiscal Year 2016
- An average of 250 people per night enjoyed a hot meal in our Community Kitchen, adding up to 62,550 evening meals throughout the year.
- An average of 1,100 households received groceries from our food pantries each month, adding up to 13,261 total families throughout the year
- 2,777 families received rent or utility assistance for nearly $215,000
- 368 people found jobs through our Employment Program
- 202 people who are elderly or have a disability received air conditioners through Project ElderCool
- 800 children, parents, and seniors received Christmas gifts
- 517 people received help with their medical needs through the Medicine Cabinet.
- 8 low-income workers received cars through Drive KC to Work
- 1,042 elementary school children received new tennis shoes through Operation Heart and Sole