Get InvolvedSummer Internship Program
Thanks to the generosity of the Catherin V. Merrill Foundation, Bishop Sullivan Center is proud to offer a summer internship program for Catholic college students to serve people who are in need or marginalized in our community.
Full-time positions are available each summer at nonprofit organizations throughout Kansas City. Students are compensated $12 per hour with the potential for a bonus at the end of the summer depending on performance.
As requested by the Catherin V. Merrill Foundation, this program is for students who are entering their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of college in the fall following the summer in which they would intern, and are active in their Catholic faith.
- Attend orientation on May 18th, 2020 followed by a meeting at your service site that week.
- Serve at your organization from May 26th to July 31st, 2020
- Write weekly reflection papers
- Attend periodic meetings and two scheduled masses with other interns
- Avoid missing work for longer than one week due to vacation
Preference is given to applicants who:
- Are new to this program
- Have volunteer experience
- Have an intended career path related to this program. Examples include:
- Social work
- Elementary education
- Nonprofit management
Through this internship, we hope for you to:
- Gain experience serving individuals who struggle economically
- Learn about the causes and possible solutions to poverty
- Make a personal connection between your experiences and faith
- Gain professional experience
- Discern your future education and career path
Learn about the program directly from previous interns:
- Applications for the summer 2021 internship will open January 2021 and close at the end of February 2021.
Any questions about the program or application process? Email Tom Turner or call him at 816-231-0984.